Monday, October 12, 2009

First!

So Silver Lining got me this awesome Forerunner 'watch' for my birthday this year. It's a GPS system that you wear on your wrist, and keeps track of all sorts of things, including your position. So I decided that what better way to utilize this watch than to create a blog with our hash trails. After each hash (every week or there abouts) I'll post the trail we ran, with a few comments, because what good is a map about where I went, without hearing my rambling thoughts about where I went. Enjoy

Just a few comments on the maps. They are best viewed with the Google Earth plug-in, but don't have to be viewed that way. If you do not have the plug-in, the image will just render as a google-maps trail, which is done with hundreds of points of interest, which makes it very odd to look at. Clicking the "Embedded KML Viewer" link above the map will bring you to a page to install the plug-in. My IE, Firefox, and Safari had no problems viewing these maps, however it took me many hours to get Chrome to render the maps properly. If you use Chrome, and want assistance getting it to work, just message me, and I can talk you through what I did. And oh yeah, if you are a Linux user (like myself) the Google Earth plug-in is not supported, however there are some nice hacks to get it to work. Let me know if you want some tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment