So Silver was off working a wedding today, and I was unable to make it down to Blacksburg this weekend, so I figured I may as well try to salvage some of my weekend and decided to join DCH4 for a run. I convinced Just Balls and Just Stephanie to join me, which was fun to have some company. The trail started off great, and within 10 minutes we saw a true trail arrow into a nasty tunnel. When we got out, there was nothing. We searched for around 20 minutes for the trail, but never found anything. We eventually crossed back over, and picked up part of the walkers trail, which was a small loop. Some of us made it back to start attempting to find another part of the trail, but we found nothing. I ended up running an additional two miles, just looking for more trail, but never found anything. Great job Running Bear!
After meeting up with the hasher [name-forgotten] who had gotten chased by a pissed-off homeowner, we hoped a brick wall, and were back in the parking lot we started. To complete a terrible hash, apparently there was a theft in the area while we were out on trail, and so cops were driving around. Since it was too unsafe to circle, most people had left, or were leaving.
Definitely not way I was expecting to spend my Saturday afternoon, but it was better than nothing. Just Stephanie, we still owe you your virgin trail, and next time the trail is on us.

No comments:
Post a Comment