So I didn't exactly have a great start for the trail. Silver thought I was supposed to pick her up from work, as the hash was about 5 minutes away from her office, however I didn't completely comprehend this. To make matters worse, I had left my cellphone at home, so I had to receive her upset calls about me not getting her. Once Just Craig arrived, I used his phone to call her, but at that point the damage was done. Silver had gotten lost, and was truly upset with me.
So I finally started on with the trail, having hashers continuously asking me where Silver was, and chastise me for forgetting her. I had no idea how rare it was for me to show up without her, or how many people would recognize that. The first shot check was laid about a quarter mile from the markings, and while I was at the head of the pack when I got to the SC written in chalk, I was apparently the biggest alcoholic, as I was the last to arrive at the actual drink. Luckily there was about a little over a shot left to drink, which Saskatchewsnatch was kind enough to split with me. The rest of the trail was relatively un-eventful, muddy, but uneventful.
We returned to circle, which was much nicer than previous weeks, as it was a good 10 degrees warmer than previous. The drinking continued for some time, and after Passion received a wonderful new nickname from his GF we made our way over to the OnOnOn. I didn't stay too late as I wanted to get home, and ensure that I wouldn't be sleeping on the couch for months to come. The bar was nice, and we were relatively tame, and once I announced that Herpicles sits down to pee, I was out

No comments:
Post a Comment